Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Faith

Today Faith is 28 months old. She is a wonder. Right now she is sick. Her weak spot must be ear infections. This is her 4th since she has been home(maybe 5th). She started with a cough and fever Sunday. Her nose has been running like crazy and last night she threw up. Poor baby! She doesn't sleep well when she is sick so we have had a couple of bad nights. I am hoping she is on the upswing now.

We have had snow stay for several days. It must be some sort of record. Usually we are out sledding first thing the day after an evening snow because it melts by noon. This time the kids are actually tired of sledding. Faith loves the snow and doesn't seem to be bothered by the cold at all. I bundled the kids up really well as it was 12 degrees the last time we went out.

Some of the cute things she is saying now: O day (Okay)
'bout jia jia? (this she says when it's time for nap)
(jie jie is big sister in Chinese)
I....... Pooooooorch (explanation below)
zin the dar (whenever we are looking for something)
(in the car)

I hope this story translates in written form because it is one of the funniest things our family has experienced. One day I had told Faith she could go on the front porch later to play with the sand. Apparently, I was not around to translate so she had to explain to dad that she was aloud to go out on the porch. He was not getting it and after several tries she decided to make herself very clear. Faith got right in Tim's face and said very clearly and sloooooowly. I............ poooooooooorch. Tim understood immediately. When he told me we howled. I've always said she had no problem communicating even after first coming home when she didn't understand English yet. This confirms it.

She is coming along very well. She still has quite a temper when things don't go her way but she is learning to control herself and does quite well for a two year old.

I do wish she would eat a more balanced diet. She likes very little meat and will eat some vegetables and some fruit. She will eat pork in any form but I really don't like feeding her so much pork. Of course she will eat any sort of snack food if is available.

She loves her big sister. Joylin is a big help because if I ever need Faith to do something I just enlist Joylin to do it and she will follow willingly. The most recent thing she has done because Jie Jie has done is get ear drops. Joylin is usually willing to help.

She loves to play cook especially with the grandmas. She takes them upstairs and says "eeeeeat". Usually the grandmas comply and spend an hour or so eating all kinds of delicious meals made of plastic. Now that the grandmas are gone I will probably get to partake.

The last 14 months have been amazing. We have all made a lot of adjustments but are all the better for it or will be in the future.

The last attempt to add pictures didn't go so well. I will try again.

No comments: