Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hi everyone,

Yes, I made it on this trip with Tim just in case you were wondering. He is doing such a good job of blogging. I am glad he had taken the lead on this one.

We are having a wonderful time but miss the kids terribly. It's so hard to make decisions like leaving your kids behind. I am glad we did though. We are having really good bonding time and I am able to work through any issues that may come up. If the kids were here I would be dealing with every one's issues.

Since Faith seems to be anxiously attached to me at the moment it is difficult to get anything done. She walks around the room so I am able to do things in the room but to get food at the buffet is difficult. Tim usually has to make my choices for me. I guess I will never have another bean in China, he can't even bring himself to put one on my plate. :0)

I am carrying her everywhere as well. I don't usually like back rubs or massages but I asked for one last night. I have two carriers but so far neither of them is working for the princess. Actually, she is doing a fair amount of walking so that helps.

Well, it is the middle of the night here so I am going to sign off and try to get some more sleep. For those of you who know me and my sleeping patterns understand that this is easier said than done, especially with what's been done to my time clock with this trip.

Oh, and thank you to all of you who are helping Tim's mom and sister with the kids. The kids are doing pretty well in the first week of our absence. I am so glad about this. If they were having difficulty it would make it even harder to be away from them.

Thanks for all your wonderful comments, keep them coming.

Janet

3 comments:

cdrosenbalm said...

So glad to hear from you. Missing you greatly and I don't even see you everyday. It just seems weird for me that you will not be coming home to Key Largo with her. Off to WOF will miss you even more there. I am taking my ipod with internet access so I can keep up with the blog. Hate to miss any days with your trip.
Love,

Denise

Marsha said...

Opps!!! Does that include foot massages? =|

Jeff Recker said...

Its been great following your trip. Keep the pictures coming! Jeff