Sunday, November 9, 2008

In Guangzhou Home School Question










Hey everyone,

We made it to Guangzhou without any problems. Faith was very sick a few hours before leaving for the airport, so we were pretty worried. She was very fussy while in the airport but as soon as we got on the plan she settled right down and went to sleep. Thank goodness no messes to clean up... what a relief. Faith did throw up at the hotel after we settled in, so she was still pretty sick. I can't tell you how worried we were. Not knowing Faith's medical history or what things she might have been exposed too. Usually Janet is the worst case scenario person but I have to admit a lot of things were going through my head. I did not want her to end up in a hospital here. It happens, not as much anymore but it is always a possibility. It is just amazing to me how fast these little ones become so important to you. You love them so much so quickly. Faith is incredible. She is so beautiful, smart and sweet. I can't imagine being without her. She is truly part of this family part of our hearts.

One of the reports from the orphanage said she was stubborn and that is a fact! She has a will of her own and will let you know immediately if she isn't able to do what she wants. But even with this she is learning so quickly and responding to Janet's guidance.

Today she isbetter, not herself yet but feeling much better. She still has diarrhea so we are staying close to the room because she is having some blowouts. She is eating again though and holding it down. Maybe by tomorrow we can get out with her and see some of the city and play in the parks.

Faith and Janet are doing great. It takes time but there are great signs of bonding everyday. Daddy, well I'm still on the outs..... :( I'm good for a laugh but not yet holding worthy.

I was at a shop earlier today talking with one of the young ladies working there and she asked where my daughter was from. I told her Nanchang, Jiangxi and she said "Oh a spicy girl, the girls are beautiful from Jiangxi and Anhui". Joylin is from Anhui. Yes, my daughters are very, very beautiful. The "spicy girls" comes from the fact that the food is very spicy in Jiangxi province.

OK Home Schoolers This is for the traditional Chinese Chop. Customized with your name.

China has a long and rich history. Do some research and write a paragraph about a few of the things you find most interesting about China. It can be anything you like. Maybe about the emperors of old. Maybe how the country was founded, Maybe about the inventions they created or some of the things they built. Whatever you think is interesting about China.
I could write a book about all the things I think are cool about China. Let me hear some of your ideas. Don't wait to long to get it back to me. The Chop has to be made.
When you send it in I need your first name and the month you were born.
Good luck.

Hopefully over the next few days we will have lots of new pictures.

Tim

2 comments:

Margaret Stalcup said...

We're so thankful Faith is doing better and will continue to Pray for all of you. I kept checking this site yesterday hoping for an update and was hoping that noone else was sick. That trip has enough challenges without Mommy or Daddy getting sick - we will definitely keep Praying.

Faith truly is a beautiful child and we can't wait to see her in person.

Love,
The Stalcups

Marsha said...

What a blessing she was not sick on the plane! Keep getting better, Faith!

Enjoy the remainder of your day.

I'm heading off to church to give out hugs to your other 3 - 2 of them in Kids Time.