Monday, November 3, 2008

Homeschooler alert Todays China question

The Rosenbalm's from Florida were the first ones with the correct Hong Kong answer.

In 1997 the British turned Hong Kong back over to the Chinese.

The British started trading opium instead of silver to the Chinese for their goods and services.
This was having a devastating effect on the Chinese people. The Chinese imperial government tried to stop the trade and the first opium war was the result.

Two Hong Kong coins are going to Caroline and Price Good job

Todays question:

Nanchang plays a very important part in modern history for not only China but the entire world.
What happened in Nanchang?

3 comments:

cdrosenbalm said...

Charles says I can't be so competitive and won't let me answer but I am going to answer in an email just to see if I am right.

Love,

Denise

Brandi said...

HI Mr. Tim, this is all I could find, the battle of Nanchang.

Aaron

Jeff Recker said...

I think it's also where the People's Revolutionary Army drove out the Japanese in 1939, a feat the Kumongtang was not able to do, thereby signifying them as the liberators of China and launching the Communists toward power which they would finally have in 1949. Whew, my brain is tired! Didn't know that much was in there:-) Jeff